Sr. Ruthanne Gypalo, IHM, Receives CSAANYS Award
Congratulations to Sister Ruthanne Gypalo, IHM, upon her receipt of the Light the Fire Award at the 16th Annual Catholic School Administrators Association of New York (CSAANYS) gathering. This award is presented to Catholic school administrators who meet the following criteria:
- Member of the Catholic School Administrators Association of NYS;
- Has a clear philosophy of Catholic education;
- Is an active leader of a school, diocesan office, or other Catholic education organization in which a commitment to excellence is clearly evident through programs designed to meet the spiritual, academic, and social needs of all students;
- Shows a strong commitment to leadership through active membership in professional associations and is respected by students, colleagues, parents and the community at large;
- Assumes an active role in his or her parish community, distinguishing him or herself as a leader in civic, religious and humanitarian activities;
- Shows strong educational leadership by setting high expectations for school staff and students.
(From the CSAANYS Light the Fire Nomination Form)
Sister Ruthanne is the principal of St. Raymond School in East Rockaway, which is currently celebrating their 90th anniversary.